The Hong Kong Jockey Club Series: The Road to the Baroque — Masterpieces from the Capodimonte Museum
Characterised by the dramatic contrast of light and dark, exaggerated movement and pronounced figures’ facial expressions, historians coined the term Baroque to define 17th century Italian art which focuses on high tension and realistic representations of emotions. Baroque artists were arguably the originators of immersive experiences. Their paintings are compelling and strikingly real, often immersing the audience in the scene. Showcasing around 40 Neapolitan paintings from the Capodimonte Museum, its debut exhibition in Hong Kong includes works of 16th and 17th century masters, such as Titian, Annibale Carracci and Artemisia Gentileschi, allowing the audience to enjoy an art experience that connects past and present.
Special Gallery, 2/F, Hong Kong Museum of Art
|-||Standard (Adult) $10|
|-||Group (20 persons or more) $7|
|-||Concessionary (full-time students, people with disabilities (and one accompanying carer), senior citizens aged 60 or above) $5|
Exclusively sponsored by The Hong Kong Jockey Club
Jointly presented by the Leisure and Cultural Services Department and the MiC – Italian Ministry of Culture
Jointly organised by Hong Kong Museum of Art and the Museo e Real Bosco di Capodimonte
In collaboration with the Consulate General of Italy in Hong Kong
Supported by: The Italian Cultural Institute in Hong Kong
A programme of Italia Mia
A programme of Italy-China Year of Culture and Tourism
A programme of 25th Anniversary of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China
For details of the exhibition, please click here.
Visitors please note HKMoA's Visiting Rules.
- The Winter Program for the Gifted and Talented 2023
- CityU-Learning Classroom for Secondary School Students(Summer 2023)
- Summer Program for the Gifted and Talented
- HKMoA: "Eternal Enlightenment: the Virtual World of Jiajing Emperor" Talk Series
- HKMoA: Harbour Wonder
- Gifted Education Fund: Off-school Advanced Learning Programmes (2022/23)
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) eLearn Award Scheme 2023
- Catering Industry Safety Promotional Campaign - Safty Quiz